▣ Before You Begin: Ethics in Publishing
All authors are supposed to submit the manuscript containing original contents. The manuscript which has not been simultaneously submitted to, nor published in any other publication channels, solely can be accepted. If the same paper is found appearing or published in any other publication, the paper will be automatically rejected. The paper previously published in other minor publications such as conference, workshop, seminar, or proceedings can be eligible for being reviewed and published in JIIS. However, we require that the paper be substantially revised with at least 30% new contents which have never been published in the previous publications. Even though the new results from the conference paper are not required, the revised manuscript version should include expansion of key ideas, examples, explanations, figures, tables, and so on. In this case, the manuscript should indicate its previously published conference name and date as a footnote in the left bottom of the first page. We strictly prohibit plagiarism and self-plagiarism. If plagiarism is found in a paper in review or in the publication, the Research Ethics Committee of KIISS (Korea Intelligent Information Systems Society) will immediately investigate the case. The severe penalty will be imposed on the author(s) related to the plagiarism case based on the investigation.
The ethical code of conduct of KIISS can be found at the Web site of KIISS (Link#1) or downloaded (Link#2). Also, the author(s) should comply with International Standard Publication Ethics.
▣ Submission Guidelines
1. Content and Publication Type
The Editorial Board accepts original papers of research articles, case studies, and other invited papers on the intelligent information systems in the field of business.
JIIS offers two manuscript types as follows :
· Regular paper: A regular paper usually reports the results of original research. Rigorous research model, and empirical evidence that support the model are generally required for a regular paper. The page limit of a regular paper is 30 A4 pages.
· Concise paper: A concise paper presents results that are important and original in a concise manner. In a concise paper, the empirical validation of the proposed research model can be skipped. And, 10 to 15 A4 pages are recommended as the length of a concise paper. In order to submit a concise paper to JIIS, the paper must be written in English.
2. Submission and Correspondence
Manuscripts should be submitted to the Editorial Board electronically through online submission system (www.jiisonline.org → Manuscript Submission). The authors can send enquiry on submission to Manuscript Editor(firstname.lastname@example.org) or Manager(E-mail. email@example.com, Tel. +82-2-3295-0997, Office. Ewha-Shinsegae Hall Rm. B105, 52 Ewhayeodae-gil, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 03760, Republic of Korea).
At least one of the authors should be a lifetime member of the KIISS or a regular member for the year that has completed payment of a membership fee. The only exception is when the authors are invited.
The authors should indicate “Fast-track” on the cover of a manuscript if they would like to go through a fast-track review process.
5. Prohibition of Dual Submissions
The authors should certify that the manuscript has not been published previously nor is currently submitted for publication elsewhere.
All legal responsibilities and duties about the contents of the manuscript belong to the authors. The authors should comply with the Korean Intelligent Information Systems Society Code of Conduct, and International Standard Publication Ethics.
All the authors of the accepted manuscripts must sign a statement of copyright transfer (Link), and submit it via Fax or E-mail before the publication. Copyrights of the published papers on the Journal of Intelligence and Information Systems belong to the KIISS. All legal issues related to copyrights are in charge of the author. To make digital and/or hard copy of part or all of the published materials is prohibited without the permission of the KIISS.
8. No Return Policy
Submitted manuscripts are not to be returned.
▣ Writing Guidelines
1. Manuscripts must be prepared using Microsoft Word or Hangul Word Processor (HWP), and should not exceed 30 A4 pages (in the case of ‘Concise Paper’, 15 A4 pages). The margin settings of a page should be 3cm for the top and the bottom, and 2.3cm for the left and the right.
2. On the first page of a manuscript, title, authors’ name, authors’ affiliation, E-mail address, and the corresponding authors of the work ought to be provided. From the second page on, the title, contents, reference, and the appendix are provided orderly. Abstract and key words must be offered. Abstract should contain 600 to 800 words.
3. When a manuscript is accepted for publication, authors will be asked to email an electronic form of author biographies, portrait photographs, and the final version of the work to the editor-in-chief.
4. Academic terminology is to be translated into Korean as much as possible; but if not allowed, English expressions are acceptable. Proper nouns such as the name of a specific person or a place must be provided in their original language. If the term appears in Korean, its English counterparts can also appear in the parenthesis, as the Example 1 below. This principle is applied only when the paper is written in Korean.
[Example 1]전문가시스템(Expert System)
5. All the tables and the figures must be provided in English. All table numbers and the titles of the tables are placed above the tables, aligned middle (e.g., Table Title ), All figure numbers and the titles of the figures are placed right down to the figures, aligned middle (e.g., Figure Title).
6. All references (including Korean references) must be provided in English at the end of a manuscript and ordered alphabetically. Reference should be of the format as the examples below.
1) In case of periodicals Author name (last name comes first in case of the first author; initial letters of first names come first in case of the coauthors), Title (quotation marks should be given), Journal title (Italic style), Volume, Number, Year (should be included in parenthesis), pages (“pp.” form is not allowed).
[Example 2] Lee, J. H., B. R. Kim, and M. Y. Park, “Knowledge-based Model Management Systems,” Decision Support System, Vol.3, No.2 (1994), 65~82.
2) Non-periodicals Author name, Book title (Italic style), Edition (in case of more than two editions), Publisher, Published region, Year.
[Example 3] Kim, C. S. and J. H. Lee, Syntactic Pattern Recognition, Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, 1985.
3) Electronic References Author name, Title (Italic style), Publisher, Year. Available at URL (Accessed/Downloaded Date).
[Example 4] Rohlf, F. J., tpsDig Version 2.10, Department of Ecology and Evolution, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 2006. Available at http://life.bio.sunysb.edu/morph/ (Downloaded 29 September, 2008).
4) Other Languages Citations written in other languages are to be provided appropriately with regards to the above principles.
7. References in text should be of the format as the following example.
[Example 5]“… … solve business problems (Park, 1994). Thus, this is … (Lee et al., 1994; Kim and Kim, 1990; Ahn, 2004). However, because it has widely
▣ Templates for Manuscript
Hangul Word Processor (HWP): Download
Microsoft Word (97-2003): Download
Microsoft Word (2007 or later): Download
Before submitting a manuscript to JIIS, it is recommended to fill out the checklist for original article (Link).
▣ Fees Guidelines
1. Submission Fees
There is no submission fee to submit a manuscript.
2. Publication Fees
Publication charge for accepted “Regular-track” papers is KRW 300,000, whereas KRW 500,000 for “Fast-track” papers. The papers that contain funding acknowledgements is additionally charged KRW 100,000. The authors must make payment before the publication.
The authors should make payment to the following bank account.
Woori Bank 1005-402-442960 (Account Holder: Korean Intelligent Information Systems Society).